1.5 oz Vanilla Vodka
1.5 oz Cranberry Juice
1.5 oz Champagne
Rim glasses by dipping them in icing then in sprinkles.
Combine vodka and cranberry juice in an ice shaker, half filled with ice. Shake well and strain into glass. Top with Champagne and drop in a cherry.
NOTES: As with all of my recipes, MAKE sure your ingredients are gluten-free. FYI – Funfetti Pink Vanilla Frosting from Pillsbury is gluten-free. As far as the sprinkles go, most you see in the store should be gluten-free. The cherries are gluten-free as well and will probably indicate that on the side of the jar.
A big THANK YOU to Pamasaurus at http://omnomalicious.wordpress.com for this great recipe!!
Makes: 24 sandwiches Cooking Time: 10 min Please double check all of your ingredients to be sure that they are all gluten free!
- 1 (18.25-ounce) gluten-free cake mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 drop each red, yellow, and green food color
- 1 cup milk
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour – GLUTEN FREE
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine gluten-free cake mix, water, oil, and eggs; beat well. Divide batter into 3 separate bowls, then add a different food color to each bowl to make pastel red, yellow, and green cake batter; mix well. Drop tablespoons of batter onto baking sheets in an oval shape.
- Bake 7 to 8 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool slightly, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a saucepan, combine milk and gluten-free flour; cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until it forms a thick paste. Let cool.
- In a medium bowl, beat together sugar and shortening until fluffy; stir in vanilla then cooled flour mixture, and beat until doubled in volume. Turn half the cooled cakes over on their backs; spoon each with a dollop of filling. Cover with remaining cakes, forming sandwiches.
***I have not tried this recipe yet, so if you do make it – please share the results! 🙂 ***
ALSO – I’m sure you could make this sugar free by using stevia and dairy free by using coconut or almond milk.