Today I found a great recipe on the Ditch the Wheat website that I want to share with you. She calls them Low Carb Doritos. When you get a chance, check out Carol’s site, she has lots of great info and recipes!!
¾ cup almond meal
¼ cup of flax seed
¼ cup of coconut flour
¼ cup of unsalted butter (can use salted but the chip will be more salty)
1 large egg
1 1/2 tsp of chili pepper spice (use more if you like it extra spicy)
1 tsp of onion powder
½ tsp of cumin
½ tsp of paprika
½ tsp of salt
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line a large flat baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Mix all of the ingredients in a food processor.
4. Divide the dough into 2 balls.
5. Place one ball between two large sheets of parchment paper. On a flat surface use a rolling pin to flatten the dough. Flatten the dough to the thickness of a thin cracker.
6. Lift off the top of the parchment paper.
7. Using a knife or pizza cutter, cut the dough into triangles.
8. Take off any dough leftover from cutting. Place it with the other ball.
9. Gently lift the parchment paper with the cut dough, and invert it onto the baking sheet with the parchment paper.
10. Gently pull the parchment paper off leaving the dough on the baking sheet.
11. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 7 ½-10 minutes. The chips are done when the dough is crispy and light brown.
12. Repeat for the second ball of dough.
Live and LOVE gluten free!
I saw this recipe in my Gluten Freely email this morning and had to share. It looks SO good and I will be trying this soon – but if you are like me, gotta have my comfort foods, mac-and-cheese always being one of them!
“These recipes were created by Silvana Nardone through her partnership with Chex®. To see more of her recipes, visit Silvanas Kitchen.”
Prep Time: 25 Minutes Total Time: 50 Min Makes: 12 Servings
- 1 cup uncooked gluten-free elbow macaroni
- 3 cups Corn Chex® cereal, finely crushed
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (10 oz)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free flour blend
- 1 cup whole milk, warmed
- 1 egg yolk, slightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white, beaten until stiff but not dry
- Cook and drain macaroni as directed on package.
- Move oven rack to lower third of oven. Heat oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease 12 regular-size muffin cups.
- In medium bowl, mix crushed cereal, 1 cup of the cheese and 4 tablespoons of the melted butter. Divide mixture among muffin cups; press firmly in bottom and up sides of cups with spoon.
- In 3-quart saucepan, stir together remaining 1 tablespoon melted butter and flour blend with whisk; cook over medium heat 1 minute. Gradually stir in warmed milk with whisk; cook and stir about 5 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in 1 cup of the cheese until melted. Stir in cooked macaroni, egg yolk and salt. Fold in beaten egg white. Spoon about 1/4 cup mixture into each crust-lined cup. Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until golden and puffed. Cool 5 minutes; remove from pan. Serve warm.
Live and LOVE gluten free!