These brownies are chewy little morsels of gluten-free goodness! I created this recipe from several other recipes and it turned out great!
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-3 Tablespoons Southern Comfort
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla bean paste (I use Nielsen-Massey)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 2 ounces semi sweet chocolate
- 1/3 cup sweet white rice flour
- Preheat you oven to 350 degrees, making sure your rack is in the center of the oven. Grease an 8 x 8 square pan. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, under very low heat, melt the butter. Add the chocolate and stir constantly till completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Whip the eggs, sugar and salt on medium/high speed in a stand mixer till it is fluffy (should take 3-4 minutes). Change speed to low and add the vanilla and the southern comfort, mix well. Add the chocolate mixture (this should be warm, not hot) mix well. Add the flour and mix just until combined. Scrape the sides and bottom, making sure that everything is mixed.
- Pour the batter into the pan, making sure the top is all smooth. Place in oven and bake 30-35 minutes until the brownie is pulling away from the pan. Insert a toothpick in the center – if it comes out with just a few crumbs, if it is gooey, put back in the oven for a few more minutes.
- Cool completely in the pan before cutting.
Nielsen-Massey has awesome vanilla products. They are actually certified gluten free!
Sweet rice flour is often called “glutinous” or “sticky. This flour works better to hold these brownies together vs regular rice flour. I used Ener-G brand, and it worked out great.
You can use all bittersweet chocolate if you prefer. I did not have enough bittersweet chocolate in my cabinet so I mixed it with the semi sweet.
You could substitute any kind of liquor (making sure it is gluten free) in this recipe. I considered using Grand Mariner, Jack Daniels, Midori etc….
Tip to cut brownies – chill them in the fridge for a couple hours or days before cutting. Dip your knife in hot water before cutting the brownies making sure to wipe the knife clean and dry after each cut.
Live & LOVE gluten free!